<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, June 05, 2004

WOMAN WALKS INTO A COFFEE SHOP WITH AN IRONING BOARD...

Can there be any swifter way to ruin the relaxing ambience of a Saturday morning outing revolving around a large steaming cup of coffee and a really good book, similarly steamy and altogether absorbing. Answer: No, there couldn't, especially after said woman deposits (n+1) plastic bags with assorted merchandise and aforementioned ironing board right next to me, only to seize my table as I prepare to suddenly leave, but not before blocking me in with her body and her bags both. Humph. When I finally cleared her barrier-laden presence, what stood before me but one of those itinerant mothers with her ridiculous SUV stroller, shockingly replete with shocks and P185/60 R14 tires. Queen Street East should follow the example of Queen Street West establishments and ban such sizable strollers from crossing the thresholds of their businesses [in addition to ironing boards]. Alas, this will never be the case in bobo land. I live among bobos [or is that boboes?]. Surely that doesn't make me one? Replace that humph with a sigh.

Comments: Post a Comment

Google

This page is powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com